Risk Reduction for Small Business Resilience
Experience shows that 40% of small businesses affected by disaster never reopen; another 25% that do reopen fail. In efforts to reduce this impact to our businesses and our communities, the Risk Reduction for Small Business Resilience in RI project is developing tools to support small businesses (less than 50 employees) to better prepare for extreme weather events.
What will this project do?
- Identify, assess, and address vulnerabilities of small businesses in Rhode Island.
- Develop Risk Reduction Guides with practical information to help small businesses become more resilient.
- Develop recommendations for municipal and state governments to support business resilience.
- Share guides with businesses as well as Chambers of Commerce, Trade Associations, municipalities among others.
Small Business Resilience Project (less than 50 employees)
How can YOU get involved? Click here to get involved!
- COME TO US! Share your experiences, so that we can identify good practices to share with other small businesses.
- WE’LL COME TO YOU! Allow a member of the Project Team to come to your business to address your specific vulnerabilities.
- REVIEW OUR WORK! Review the draft example Risk Reduction Guides and provide us feedback on what you would like to see.
Resources & Reports
|Exposure Analysis Report|
|Small Business Administration Emergency Preparedness Guide|